Dyson Terms & Conditions
This www.DysonCanada.ca website (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Dyson Canada Limited of 312 Adelaide Street West, 7th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1R2 and its affiliates (collectively "Dyson").
Revised as of: 01/04/2021
- All content, graphics, code and software used on or incorporated into this Website and the arrangement or integration of all such content, graphics, code and software, are subject to copyrights held by or licensed to Dyson and all rights thereto are specifically reserved. Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark or logo displayed on this site without the written permission of Dyson. Users may electronically copy and print hard copies of pages from this Website solely for personal, non-commercial purposes related to ordering goods from or shopping with Dyson through this Website. Any other use of this Website or content or information contained in this Website, including but not limited to reproducing, publishing, uploading, posting, transmitting or distributing such content or information in any way is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of Dyson.
- Dyson does not guarantee that the information contained in this Website will not contain errors, inaccuracies or omissions. Such errors, inaccuracies or omissions may relate to price or to product description or availability. Dyson therefore reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information on this Website at any time without prior notice and further reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders containing any error, inaccuracy or omission, whether or not the order has been submitted, confirmed and/or your credit card has been charged.
- This Website, and any information or content on this Website, are provided "as is". Dyson makes no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to this Website or content or information available on or through this Website. In no event shall Dyson, its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, successors, assigns or other representatives be liable, whether in contract, warranty, tort, product liability, strict liability or other theory, to you or any other person for any damages (including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages) arising out of or in connection with any use of, inability to use, or results of use of, this Website or any content on this Website, even if Dyson or its representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions prohibit the exclusion or limitation of liability for certain types of damages, in which case the above limitation may not apply to you.
- Dyson and www.DysonCanada.ca as well as other Dyson logos, marks, trade names, page headers, graphics, buttons, images and other content on this Website, are subject to trademark, service mark, copyright and or other proprietary or intellectual property rights or licenses held by Dyson. Other trademarks, product names and company names or logos used on this Website are the property of their respective owners. Except as expressly authorized, the use or misuse of any trademarks, trade names, logos, images, graphics or content from this Website is strictly prohibited.
- Dyson does not make any representations or warranties about any Website you may access through this Website. Any such Website is independent from Dyson and Dyson has no control over, or responsibility with respect to, the information provided or activities undertaken by any such Website. A link between this Website and another website does not mean that Dyson endorses that website.
- As a user of the Website you may have occasion to post content to the Website, including reviews, comments, photos, videos and other content. By posting content, you agree that you will not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content (including text, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information) that:
infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
constitutes commercial solicitation, political campaigning, or advertising or promotion, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation. Links that connect to commercial Web sites will not be considered unauthorized solicitations unless the link or the Web site content appears to be intended as a means of solicitation as determined by Dyson in its sole discretion;
contains software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or any other computer code or files that are designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software or hardware;
provides any non-public information about Dyson or any of its affiliates or any other company without the proper authorization to do so. This includes providing the names, addresses and extension numbers of employees of Dyson or any of its affiliates;
provides any personal information about any identifiable individual including other Website users without proper consent to do so;
intentionally interferes with the operation of this Website, including without limitation, mail or "post" bombing, news bombing, other flooding techniques, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks, or attempts to avoid messaging blocking;
impersonates any person or entity, including an employee of Dyson or any of its affiliated entities, or otherwise misrepresents the origin of content;
attacks or insults another Web site user or Web site manager; or suggests or encourages illegal activity.
- If you do post content or submit material, and unless Dyson indicates otherwise in writing, you grant Dyson and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, perform, create compilations and derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media whether now known or hereafter developed. You grant Dyson and its affiliates and its and their sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You waive your moral rights in the content in favour of Dyson and its sublicensees. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post and that you have the right to grant Dyson the license referred to above; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not and will not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Dyson and its affiliates for all claims resulting from content you supply.
- Price match promise
Be confident that you are getting the best price on Dysoncanada.ca. If within 30 days of purchase you should find the same model advertised by an authorized Canadian Dyson retailer at a lower price, we’ll refund you the difference. Just contact our Customer Service team at 1-877-397-6622 to get started. Here’s what you’ll need to know:
• Product must be the exact same model number as it appears on DysonCanada.ca and in stock
• Proof of advertised price by an authorized dealer is required (Copy of Flyer or Website URL)
• Authorized dealers are limited to Canadian Tire, Best Buy, Costco, Walmart, Hudson’s Bay, Sears, Home Outfitters, Bed Bath & Beyond, Leons, Home Depot, The Brick, The Shopping Channel, Rona, Home Hardware, Lowes, Visions, London Drugs, and Sephora
• Product must be new and in original packaging. It cannot be reconditioned (refurbished), used, damaged, returned, open box, or demonstrator product
• Product price must not be lower due to an advertising error or misprint
Repairs and Servicing
These are the terms and conditions that will apply when you need us to service or repair your Dyson machine. Please read the terms and conditions carefully. By submitting your Dyson machine for service, you agree these Terms and Conditions will govern the repair of your product.
Returning your Dyson machine to us
You may visit a Dyson Service Center to have your Dyson machine serviced and/or repaired. If you are unable to visit a Dyson Service Center, you may ship your Dyson machine to Dyson for service and/or repair. Prior to shipping, you must contact Dyson Customer Service (see https://www.dysoncanada.ca/en/support for additional details) to obtain a carrier shipping label and confirm your proof of purchase. If your machine is lost or damaged beyond repair while in Dyson’s possession, we will replace the machine at no cost to you. The replacement machine will adopt your original machine’s warranty.
If you do not contact Dyson Customer Service prior to shipping, Dyson reserves the right to deny service in its sole discretion and is not responsible for returning, repairing or replacing your machine. In selecting the carrier of your choosing, you are solely responsible for obtaining proof of delivery and you will bear any risk of loss and where you choose your own carrier Dyson shall have no liability for any machine lost, stolen or damaged in transit.
Dyson reserves the right to deny service to any machine lacking proof of purchase.
Dyson will repair your machine in accordance with Dyson service and warranty terms and conditions. If your machine is under warranty, Dyson will perform repairs under the terms of such warranty, provided you have presented satisfactory proof of the machine’s eligibility for repairs. The Dyson warranty becomes effective at the date of purchase. If you do not have your proof of purchase, your warranty will start 90 days after the date of manufacture, according to Dyson’s records. You will be responsible for any additional charges applicable under or beyond your machine’s warranty, including applicable tax.
Shipped Repairs. You will receive an estimated repair turnaround time when booking your repair service with Dyson Customer Service. Shipped repairs will be returned to you within 14-21 working days. If your repair requires additional time, Dyson will submit a status request to the appropriate team handling your repair and within 72 hours of status request submittal, reach out to you directly with a status and supply information on any further action that may be necessary.
On-site Dropoff. If you bring your machine into a Dyson Service Center for repair you will receive a quoted turnaround time prior to service beginning. Dyson aims to complete all walk in service while the customer waits onsite. However, where parts not on site are needed or additional service time is required, an additional 5-10 business days may be required for completion of services.
While Dyson strives to complete all repairs services within a timely manner, Dyson is not liable for any delay in the event your machine cannot be repaired and returned to you within the above stated timelines.
Repair Parts and Warranty
Genuine Dyson parts ensure your machine continues to work as intended, and that your warranty remains intact. Each part or tool has a 1-year warranty. If the part or tool fails within 1-year of repair service, it will be replaced at no cost to you. The repair or replacement of your machine under warranty falls under the original warranty and will not extend the period of the warranty; however, your warranty will be extended for any time your machine is being repaired or retained for work being performed under the warranty. If your machine is out of warranty, no additional warranty is added to the machine after a repair is completed. The part or tool added to your out of warranty machine will still carry a 1-year warranty and be replaced without charge should it fail within 1 year of service.
Payment and Costs of Service
If your Dyson machine is out of warranty, or under warranty but requiring repairs not covered under the Dyson warranty (please see https://www.dysoncanada.ca/en/register for details), you will be provided a quote estimating the cost of repairs after an inspection is completed by a Dyson Service Center employee. Before service can begin, you must confirm acceptance of the estimated cost of repairs. If you elect to reject estimated costs, Dyson will ship the machine back to you with no repairs completed, and at no cost to you if your machine is under warranty. You will be responsible for shipping return costs if the machine is out of warranty should you choose to have repairs completed or not. If confirmed to proceed, Dyson will complete the repairs as needed and with due care. Once service is complete, you will be required to promptly complete payment via credit card through Pay By Chat, Dyson’s selected payment processing system. Payment is due immediately upon notice of completion of repair. When it is time to pay, you will receive a secure Pay Via Chat link to your smart device. Open the link and enter your American Express, Mastercard, or Visa details. Once you submit your payment, you will receive an immediate confirmation of your order and can have your receipt printed or emailed to you. Only a valid credit card may be accepted as payment. Terms of payment are within Dyson’s sole discretion.
Third Party Service Providers
All repairs for service are completed by Dyson or a Dyson authorized agent, otherwise known as independent repair centers. In the case that your request for repair is booked to an independent repair center, you will be provided the name, address and contact details of the center. At that time, we recommend that you directly contact the independent repair center to obtain additional information on your repair, including expectations on turnaround time and cost of repair if out of warranty. Dyson is not responsible for shipping or providing your Dyson machine to the independent repair center, or, returning your machine to you following repairs. Dyson is not liable for any loss, damage, liability, claims, demands or judgments (whether criminal or civil) arising from the independent repair center’s servicing of your machine. Dyson is not responsible or liable for coordinating, transacting, crediting or refunding payments made or owed to the independent repair center. Independent repair centers are solely responsible for providing you with an estimate on turnaround time and adhering to their estimate or notifying you in the alternative.
If you have not claimed your machine and paid all charges due within sixty (60) days after being notified by Dyson that your machine is available to be returned to you, Dyson reserves the right to consider your machine abandoned. Dyson will provide such notice to you at the mobile or e-mail contact address you furnished when you authorized repairs. Dyson reserves the right to dispose of your machine in accordance with applicable provisions of law, and specifically may sell your machine without liability to you. Dyson reserves its statutory and any other lawful liens for unpaid charges.
Following receipt of your Dyson machine, if we inspect it and determine that it is it not a genuine Dyson product (i.e. a counterfeit), you acknowledge and accept that Dyson will not (and is not obligated to) service the machine and may (in its sole discretion) elect to:
1. arrange for the machine to be returned to you; or
2. permanently retain or destroy the machine, in exchange for Dyson providing you with a letter confirming that the product is a counterfeit, which you may present to the seller of the product or your credit card company for the purposes of seeking reimbursement of the sum you paid for the counterfeit product.
You recognize that counterfeit Dyson machines are likely to be unsafe for use and that Dyson has legitimate reason to exercise its right to retain/destroy any counterfeit product, in order to (a) prevent personal injury or damage to property (b) prevent resale of counterfeit products and (c) protect the Dyson brand and reputation. Further information on counterfeit products can be found at https://www.dyson.com/campaigns/counterfeit-machines.
Limitation of Liability
DYSON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURES OR DELAYS IN PERFORMING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT THAT ARE DUE TO EVENTS OUTSIDE OF ITS REASONABLE CONTROL. IF YOU ARE A CONSUMER, YOU MAY HAVE CERTAIN ADDITIONAL RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO SERVICES AND PRODUCTS PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL CONSUMER AUTHORITY FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS. IF NOT COVERED BY THESE RIGHTS, DYSON DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LIABILITY FOR PRODUCT NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR FOR LOST, CORRUPTED, OR COMPROMISED DATA OR SOFTWARE, OR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, DYSON WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY. YOU AGREE THAT FOR ANY LIABILITY RELATED TO THE PURCHASE OF PRODUCT, DYSON IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF DAMAGES ABOVE THE AMOUNT OF YOUR ORDER. IN CONSUMER CASES, THE LIABILITY FOR (1) PERSONAL DEATH AND INJURY AND (2) FRAUD MAY BE WIDER THAN NEGLIGENCE CAUSED LOSS AND IN SUCH CASES DYSON DOES NOT SEEK TO EXCLUDE THIS LIABILITY.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
Your use of this website is governed by the provisions of the Civil Code of Quebec and the laws of Canada. You acknowledge and accept that any legal proceedings that may be instituted concerning transactions within your Dyson account or the interpretation, application, fulfilment, entry into force, validity and effects of these terms and conditions must be brought before the court in the judicial district of Montréal in the province of Quebec, Canada.
Prices do not include applicable taxes. For the purposes of application of taxes, you confirm that the address indicated when you opened your Dyson Account is the address of your principal place of business. Taxes shall be applied according to the tax rules and laws of the product’s country of destination.
Save $150 on AM07, AM10, TP7A
Offer only valid while supplies last. Offer only valid in Canada and on purchases of eligible new Dyson Cool tower fans (AM07), Dyson humidifiers (AM10), or Dyson Purifier Cool Autoreact (TP7A) purifiers.
Excludes all other Dyson machines, tools, parts, accessories and refurbished machines. Does not apply, and may not be used, in conjunction with any other offers, sales, rebates, coupons, or promotions. Offer only valid on purchases made between 5:01 a.m. EST September, 23 2022 and 11:59 a.m. EST October 13, 2022 by residents of Canada who select a shipping address in Canada. This offer is for end-user customers only and does not apply to purchases by distributors, resellers, retailers or other parties. Dyson reserves the right to withdraw, amend or otherwise modify this promotion at any time without notice.
Save $100 on Dyson V8 cordless vacuums
Offer only valid while supplies last. Offer only valid in Canada and on purchases of eligible new Dyson V8 Absolute, Dyson V8 Animal, or Dyson V8 Origin cordless vacuums.
Excludes all other Dyson machines, tools, parts, accessories and refurbished machines. Does not apply, and may not be used, in conjunction with any other offers, sales, rebates, coupons, or promotions. Offer only valid on purchases made between 5:01 a.m. EST September, 23 2022 and 11:59 a.m. EST October 6, 2022 by residents of Canada who select a shipping address in Canada. This offer is for end-user customers only and does not apply to purchases by distributors, resellers, retailers or other parties. Dyson reserves the right to withdraw, amend or otherwise modify this promotion at any time without notice.