Dyson Ranked #5 Among Canada’s Most Trusted Brands in 2023
Dyson was recognized as one of the most trusted brands in Canada for 2023 in the ninth annual Gustavson Brand Trust Index (GBTI) presented by the Peter B. Gustavson School of Business at the University of Victoria. Dyson tied for 5th most trusted brand in the National Top 50 Most Trusted Brands and 1st in the Major Appliances category.
June 28, 2023
From our inception, we’ve set out to solve problems others ignore, engineering products that are reliable, efficient and the best they can be. Creating household machines that people can trust and rely on is an essential part of this.
We’re so proud to learn that Dyson has been selected as a Most Trusted Brand in the ninth annual Gustavson Brand Trust Index (GBTI). Dyson tied for fifth among Canada's most trusted brands (up three spots from 2022) out of 406 brands surveyed. Dyson was also selected as the #1 most trusted appliance brand in Canada.
In 2022, the GBTI found that trust in technology companies has eroded, so we know that Dyson’s 2023 placement in the top ten is a testament to our focus on rigorous engineering, investments in research and development and inventions that turn convention on its head.
Surveying more than 13,100 Canadians, the index ranks more than 400 brands, measuring trust in relation to:
- Brand trust: consumer perceptions of whether the brand is trustworthy and acts with integrity)
- Functional trust: consumer perceptions on how well the brand performs and delivers on its core promises
- Values-based trust: consumer perceptions on the brand’s social responsibility
- Relationship-trust: consumer perceptions on how the brand interacts with its customers
- Word of mouth: the extent to which consumers recommend the brand to others
Dyson has been recognized as one of GBTI’s top ten most trusted brands since 2020. We’re so thankful to our owners for their trust in Dyson and for their advocacy for our brand. Congratulations to all Dyson Canada for this magnificent recognition – an accolade we should all be proud of.