Terms and Conditions of the warranty
What Is Covered
Your Dyson vacuum cleaner is warranted against original defects in material and workmanship for a period of five years* from the date of purchase when used for private household purposes in accordance with the Dyson Owner’s Manual. This warranty provides, at no extra cost to you, all labour and parts necessary to ensure your vacuum cleaner is in proper operating condition during the warranty period. This warranty is subject to the following terms:
*The following Dyson models have a 2 year limited warranty:
- Dyson Fans
- Dyson Handhelds
- All Dyson products purchased before March 1, 2007
- Dyson full size (canisters and uprights) refurbished
*The following Dyson models have a 5 year limited warranty:
- Dyson full size vacuum cleaners (canisters and uprights)
*The following Dyson models have a 1 year limited warranty:
- Dyson Handheld refurbished vacuum cleaners
What Is Not Covered
Dyson Canada Ltd. shall not be liable for costs, damages, or repairs incurred as a result of:
- Machines purchased from an unauthorized dealer.
- Clearing blockages from your machine.
- Use of parts not in accordance with the Owner’s Manual.
- Careless operation or handling, misuse, and/or lack of maintenance or use not in accordance with the Owner’s Manual.
- External sources such as weather.
- Repairs or alterations carried out by unauthorized parties or agents.
- Use of the vacuum cleaner other than for normal domestic household purposes within Canada, e.g., for commercial or rental purposes.
- Use of parts and accessories other than those produced or recommended by Dyson Canada Ltd.
- Please fill out and return the Product Registration Form, or register on line at www.dysoncanada.ca
- Before service can take place, the terms of the warranty require that you contact the Dyson Helpline with your model name/number, serial number, date and place of purchase. Please keep your purchase receipt in a safe place to ensure you have this information. The serial number is found on the vacuum cleaner’s rating plate, which is located on the machine behind the clear bin.
- All work will be carried out by Dyson Canada Ltd. or its authorized agents.
- Any replaced defective parts will become the property of Dyson, Canada Ltd.
- Service under this limited warranty will not extend the period of this limited warranty.
- If your machine is not functioning properly, please call the Dyson Helpline at 1-877-397-6622. Most issues can be rectified over the telephone by our trained customer care staff. If this is not possible Dyson Canada Ltd. will arrange for your vacuum cleaner to be repaired and returned in full working order at no extra cost to yourself.
Warranty Limitations and Exclusions
- Any representations, warranties or conditions relating to your vacuum cleaner, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to warranty of merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the duration of this warranty. This limitation is not allowed by some provinces and so this limitation may not apply to you.
- Your remedy for breach of this warranty is limited to the warranty service described above. Dyson Canada limited will not be liable for any consequential damages or incidental damages you may incur in connection with your purchase and use of your vacuum cleaner. This limitation is not allowed by some provinces and so this limitation may not apply to you.
- In no event shall Dyson Canada be liable for any damages arising directly or indirectly from any tort (including negligence or gross negligence) committed by Dyson Canada, its affiliates, agents or employees, or for any breach of contract, fundamental or otherwise.
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary by province.
- This warranty is not transferable.
- This warranty is only available to product purchased in Canada.