What personal information do we collect about you?
We collect information about our Website users in several ways, including through cookies, registration and emails sent to us via our Website. Examples of how we collect information are as follows:
- We require registering users of our Website and owners registering their products online to provide us with a name, telephone number, email address (if they have one), postal address and postal code. We may also ask for additional information to assist us with our development of new products.
- If you purchase a product through our Website we will require you to provide us with the above information plus your payment and delivery details.
- If you send us email messages, you will automatically provide us with your electronic mail address, as well as any other personal information you include in the text of your message.
- We will only contact you if you have opted-in to receive communications. Registering or buying a product does not automatically opt you in to receive communications and we will never contact you without your permission.
- We collect and store from all visitors to our Website, whether they actively provide us with information or merely browse the Website, the internet protocol (IP) address of the computer they are using, the browser software they use and their operating system, the date and time they access our Website, the internet address of the website from which they linked directly to our Website, and other similar information. We use this type of information to track Website usage, to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our Website and to help us make our Website more useful.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We use personal information to provide you with the services and goods you have requested. Our agents may contact you about our products and services only if you have opted in to receive such communications.
We may perform statistical analyses of user behavior (for example, by analyzing the Website usage data gathered passively from all users) in order to measure relative consumer interest in the various areas of our Website. These analyses assist us in our product development efforts.
We may also use personal information for other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
What opt out rights and rights to obtain details of the information we hold on you do you have?
If you have previously opted-in to receive communications from us about our products and services and no longer wish to receive these communications, you can do so at any time by:
- using the unsubscribe option included in all our promotional email correspondence, or
- sending an email to email@example.com, or
- writing to us at Dyson Canada Limited, 312 Adelaide Street West, 7th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1R2 stating that you do not wish to receive such communications.
Your personal information will be maintained in a file located at our offices or on our servers. You may request access to, or correction of, your personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Dyson Canada Limited., 312 Adelaide St. W., 7th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1R2 and including your full name and postal address and postal code.
Links to third party websites
As a service to you, we may provide links to websites operated and controlled by third parties. Those third parties have their own information collection practices. We are not responsible for their information collection practices or for the content of their sites. We encourage you to review carefully the privacy policies of all websites, including those websites which can be accessed from this site.
What kind of security is used to protect your information?
We use reasonable physical, organizational and technical security measures to protect the personal information in our custody or control from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Our authorized employees, representatives and agents will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their job functions.
Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode
Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode is a simple and secure way to shop online.
This service is offered by Visa and MasterCard, in association with the bank that has issued your credit / debit card.
This service provides additional security when shopping online by ensuring your card is not being used by someone else.
If the credit / debit card you're using to pay for your order qualifies for one of these services (not all cards do), you will be taken to a page hosted by your card issuer. This is a completely secure process, the information you provide will only be visible to you and your card issuer, and would never be shared with other parties.
Using this service is a matter of adding a quick extra step to your online checkout procedure. Enrolling takes moments and is secure. Each future purchase will require the password you set up when enrolling.
If you would like to learn more about these services, please contact your card issuer who should be able to assist you.